Saturday, August 16, 2008

Busy August...food, wine, soccer...




So many things are happening in this August...I am really busy! First, had a great visit at CUPANO vineyard in Montalcino. Lionel's rosso and brunello are really something...you can see him here on the right.



Another important event is a private dinner organized by myself with the BIG help of Lynn Mcneely, some of you know him because he is the chef at Borgo Finocchieto. The dinner was located in a rented villa. I think that we did a great job, and I am looking forward working with him again. He is so relaxed, and creative, and natural.
If you are interested, there are more pictures here: http://martindelnero.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
The wines I served were a Soave to start (Inama, very good), Rosso di Montalcino Piancornello 2005, Martin del Nero 2006 (I don't know if you ever heard about this wine...),Brunello di Montalcino Uccelliera 2003 and Magnum Brunello di Montalcino Altesino 2003.


Last Tuesday I went to the first soccer game of Fiorentina, against Slavia Praga for the qualifications of the Championsleage, and we won 2-0 so you can imagine my JOY!
Now we have to wait for the return game.
Bruce and I on top right.
Claudio and I had a great scare yesterday afternoon, a big rain and a short hale storm made us worried very much. Luckily my vineyard is still there...
All for now...
A presto!



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Buonconvento, Siena, Italy
I just love where I live and I want everybody to be happy when they come!